Saturday, March 21, 2015

Thoughts of Disgaea and its future.

It was many years ago when I experienced Disgaea for the first time. I had never played such a game in my young life, and I couldn’t understand why it took me so long to come across it! I first played Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness shortly after hacking my PSP. The story was amazing and killing enemies while those many memorable songs played in the background were some of the best times I had during high school. Fast forward to now while I’m playing catch up in Disgaea 4 and eagerly waiting for Disgaea 5 to be released here in North America. I only have one question, how will it fair to its predecessors?

Disgaea 1 & 2 were amazing, nice & balanced with tons of replay ability, I never got the chance to play Disgaea 3 for myself but watched playthroughs of it on youtube. I had to get the PS TV to play Disgaea 4 and although I’m a bit disappointed with some of the mechanics when compared to the first two, I’m still loving the story presented in the game.  The good thing about Nippon Ichi is that they seemed to have listened to their fans and are streamlining some of the mechanics making Disgaea 5 more like Disgaea 1 & 2 and I guess D2 (which I also never got to play L )

Playing through Disgaea 4, for the first time I’ve played a Disgaea game without using any form of cheating or downloading a game save, I’ve started from the bottom and so far have put in around 180 hours in the game. I personally consider myself to still be a novice of the game considering I only just unlocked the LOC and am about to start my item world run of a legendary Arcadia! (somehow I managed to beat the 8 Pringer battle to get one) I’m excited to get my characters as strong as I can through hard work and determination.


I have high hopes for Disgaea 5, when I think about the power that the PS4 has, I’m excited to think about how great the game could be. (Disgaea 4 lags on PS TV) The technology that is present now should make for one hell of a game. There is one thing I would love to see from a Disgaea game in the future though, bringing all the protagonist from the Disgaea universe together in one games MAIN storyline with the final boss being like Baal or Pringer X or both threatening to destroy all the netherworlds & celestia, I suppose the human world as well just for the fun of it. It will probably never happen but a man can dream cant he?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment