Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Dragon Ball Xenoverse Review!

After beating the main story and reaching level 80 within 2 days, putting hours of my life into a game created from one my favorite series in existence, It’s time for my review of Dragon Ball Xenoverse!

So for those of you who may not know, in Xenoverse you can create your own character based on one of the races from the series (Saiyan, Human, Namekian, Majin & Frieza clan). You can go through the iconic story of Dragon Ball Z with a few twists that keep the story mode fresh unlike most Dragon Ball games in the past. The story mode can be completed within a few hours if you’re somehow really good at the game and never stop to grind on parallel quest! To complete all the parallel quests is gonna take some time, with their being over 50 of them in the game and most likely more to come with the 3 DLC packs that are going to be released this year, you’re going to have a lot to do in the game. In my opinion it’s a fantastic game and I definitely recommend it if you’re a Dragon Ball fan.

For the most part gameplay is smooth, playing on PC with an Xbox 360 controller feels nice, its visually stunning and runs at 60FPS @ 1080P. There are a few instances where the game feels slow & clunky especially in TokiToki city, considering that the combat is mostly smooth I wished they had put a bit more effort into the hub world allowing people to fly around or even run around, hopefully those will be options if they decide to make a sequel to the game which would be nice but I honestly can’t think about where they would be able to take the story mode.

Certain parallel quests bring time patrol officers who sometimes drop Dragon Balls, the Dragon Balls can be used for a variety of things like wishing for money, characters, rare armor, the power pole, techniques or stuff like changing your characters looks, resetting attributes, etc.

Now for what I didn’t like, the fact that there is content already in the game that is being pushed as DLC, and the fact that we’re having DLC in the first place. I don’t want to have to pay an extra $30 for DLC when the game already costs $50. Also there are a few voice syncing inssues  for the english dub, sometimes the characters lips dont move at all and other times there sync is as a bad as an old godzilla movie


If you’re a Dragon Ball Z fan, I’m sure you’re excited for the upcoming Fukatsu No F movie. Stay up to date on here to check out my review of the movie when it comes out.

Check out some screens from the game & my characters below!








3 comments:

  1. I'll beat ya any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with pretty much the whole review, I've put the same time into it and my first thought when I was put into TokiToki city was "so, how do I fly?".

    Would you be interested in adding me on Steam and we could play together?

    try adding kieran9775

    ReplyDelete